Frequent Errors -
Team Selection -
IRB SEVEN-A-SIDE COACHING MANUAL
The most frequent errors occurring in Sevens are:
- Aligning with insufficient depth so players have to slow down and reach
back to receive a pass.
- Supporting across the field rather than providing linear support from
directly behind the ball carrier.
- Ill discipline under pressure, that results in the loss of a pattern in attack and defence.
- Poor preparation so that there is not a pattern for the most frequent
eventualities. These may be attacking or defensive.
- Bunching on attack to assist the ball carrier, only to concede the
ball and be beaten on the flanks.
- Going alone and becoming isolated.
- Committing too many players to win ruck or maul ball. it is better to
commit one or two players and if the ball is won, there are numbers to attack and if
not, numbers to defend.
Copyright © 1999-2018